Monday 11 April 2016

SUPPORTING CAMRA’S MANIFESTO FOR WALES

I am happy to pledge support for beer drinkers and pub-goers in Wales by supporting CAMRA and it’s Manifesto for Wales. Pubs are absolutely key to the social and cultural lives of many towns and villages – which has been the case for centuries - in Monmouth constituency and across Wales many pubs play a vital prominent role in community life. 

We must protect the role pubs have in our society as well as in our economy, and so I am pleased to pledge my support for CAMRA and for well-run community pubs and breweries. I share CAMRA’s concern about the business rates faced by pubs. Too many people across Wales are put off from starting businesses due to high rates that they face.

Plaid Cymru has already pledged to cut business rates for small firms, but and extending the Rural Rate Relief to more pubs is certainly something I would personally be interested in looking into. Community pubs and real ale breweries specifically fit into Plaid Cymru’s vision of a Welsh economy that has community-focused SMEs as its backbone, so I have signed up to CAMRA’s election manifesto. 

No comments:

Post a Comment