|Plaid's Maria Shellard and Leanne Wood AM / AC, Leader of Plaid Cymru|
Across Wales's Plaid is focusing its campaign on its strong local record in building economic recovery, supporting families and improving local services. With its record number of candidates, the party will also say that, as Wales’ only ‘local party,’ Plaid will work tirelessly to provide a powerful voice and vision for the whole of Wales.
Key Wales-wide commitments will include:
• Providing paid apprenticeship, skills and training schemes – to support our young people.
• Helping local businesses secure public contracts and providing grants and loans to fund business start-ups.
• Campaigning to save vital local services currently under threat from closure and centralisation.
• Bringing empty properties back into use and investing in more affordable homes.
• Introducing schemes to allow local communities to benefit from the ownership and control of our natural resources.
You can download Plaid's 2012 Manifesto