Plaid Cymru is a party for local communities, based entirely in Wales. We fight against downgrading and selling off local services.
Where Monmouthshire services are good, Plaid councilors will support them; where they need improvement, there will be open constructive criticism and proposals for better ways of working.
Plaid Cymru candidates are committed to:
- Protecting our services by fighting for fair resources, delivered by fairly treated frontline staff.
- Clamping down on executive top-level pa, but paying all staff above the “living wage”.
- Putting peoples needs first instead of ticking boxes. This has transformed services in Plaid run Gwynedd.
- Supporting teachers and reducing bureaucracy to give more time with pupils. Plaid run Ceredigion is ranked No 1 in Wales, the only authority classed as ‘outstanding’.
- Acknowledging that bilingual education is of enormous benefit therefore making it accessible to all.
- Buying council goods and services locally; investing council reserves locally where possible but always responsibly and ethically.
- A cleaner, greener Monmouthshire, supporting sustainable working and local renewable energy projects.
- Working for planning reform, towards sustainable, affordable development meeting the needs of local communities.
- Working in partnership to invest in social housing. A decent home is everyone’s right.