Friday 11 May 2012

NEWPORT COUNTY AND WEMBLEY

Somewhat understandably as Newport County fan I have Wembley on my mind at the moment and am looking forward to our appearance in the FA Trophy final with York City on Saturday. Wembley in the one hundred year of our existence should be a special occasion. Football tribalism aside I actually want success for the other Welsh football clubs (and Welsh football period). I am pleased that Swansea City will stay (somewhat comfortably) in the Premiership; I am disappointed that Cardiff City did not join them. Hopefully they will make it next season, preferably not via the play-offs). The County avoided the drop and things will be much better next season. I was disappointed that Wrecsam did not get promoted from the Blue Square Conference this season. I can see no reason why three clubs are not directly promoted from the conference into League two with a third place play-off. I was pleased to see that Colwyn Bay survived in Conference North and was pleased to see Merthyr Town get promoted this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment