Plaid Cymru - The Party of Wales is campaigning on five main issues in Newport:
- Making sure Newport gets it's fair share of the City Deal investment to improve local transport and create new jobs locally.
- Tackling the business rates scandal to help support local traders and to further revive Newport as a shopping destination.
- Campaigning for the Welsh Government to proclaim Newport as Wales's digital capital, building on our cyber security and digital reputation to help make Newport a digital world capital.
- Building affordable and sustainable housing, striking a balance by protecting our precious green spaces as well as providing affordable homes and converting empty properties.
- Campaigning against the black route of the proposed M4 Relief Road, thereby helping to save our environment and defending Newport's Port. This will allow us to invest in an alternative, sustainable and cheaper route.
If you want to find out more about Plaid Cymru in the City of Newport, visit our website: